Stay Radiant All Season Long with Our 10 Best Summer Skin Tips
A complexion that glows all summer long? You bet.
Keep your skin in radiant-looking condition throughout the sunniest season with our top 10 summer skin tips.
- Wear topical non-chemical sunscreens. Sure, chemical sunscreens are often lighter and easier to apply, but did you know that they’re more likely to cause allergic reactions or irritate the skin? Non-chemical sunscreens (physical sunscreens) are less likely to cause adverse skin reactions.
- Cleanse thoroughly after wearing sunscreen on the face. If left on the skin, it can clog pores and ultimately lead to breakouts.
- Enjoy anti-inflammatory foods. A diet rich in protein, fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and healthy fats—such as cold-water fish, extra virgin olive oil and nuts—will repair your skin from the inside out, helping to heal signs of aging like puffiness, roughness, and wrinkles.
- Drink green tea and/or take EGCG supplements. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is a key component of green tea and it protects the skin from the sun’s damaging rays. Topical application also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Avoid sugar and starches if you want to stay swimsuit slim and stave off wrinkles and accelerated aging.
- After cleansing, apply topical antioxidants which have anti-inflammatory properties like Concentrated Restorative Treatment to reduce UV generated free radicals that accelerate aging and cancer risk.
- Avoid sun bathing! You should be out in the sun for at least 15 minutes each day for a brisk walk or enjoying other activities, but don’t bake in the sun. Melanocytes begin to burn out when you reach your late 30s and 40s, making it more difficult for your skin to fight sun damage, which can result in uneven pigmentation.
- Firing up the grill? For a delicious grill experience, wild Alaskan salmon is my #1 recommended fish. They have a deep red flesh and of all wild salmon, the highest concentration of omega-3 essential fatty acids and the biological antioxidant astaxanthin. Studies suggest that astaxanthin is ten times more effective as an antioxidant than other carotenoids and one hundred times more powerful than vitamin E. Astaxanthin also helps minimize the sun’s damage, if used in combination with sunscreen and liited exposure to sunlight.
- Keep a bottle of pure spring water handy so that you can moisturize your skin and lips from the inside out #mdash; this is very important in the summer, because hot temperatures and sunny weather can dehydrate the skin. As we age, our cells ability to retain moisture diminishes, making it even more important to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.
- Don’t forget the sunglasses during the bright sunny days of summer. Choose glasses that block 100% of UV rays and offer glare-cutting polarized lens. Squinting causes deep wrinkles in the eye area, while the UV rays can lead to cataracts and other serious vision problems.
Shop This Post
Lightweight, overnight treatment that minimizes the look of discoloration to reveal skin that appears more even, radiant and healthy.
A dietary supplement that helps elevate mood, regulate weight and support cardiovascular health.
Blue Plasma Cleansing Treatment is a non-rinse formula that deeply cleanses makeup and skin-aging debris as it gently exfoliates and conditions, leaving an instantly smooth and radiant appearance.